Thursday 23 February 2012

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

The Author: Lewis Carroll
Published: 1897
Pages: 76

Synopsis: Alice finds herself in a most curious adventure when she decides to follow the white rabbit down the rabbit hole. Things are never as they appear as Alice soon discovers with the people and creatures she meets and the mischief she gets herself into.

What i thought of the story: Alice in wonderland has always been a popular theme in many things I’ve read and watched but I always wanted to read the original story to see what actually happened with Alice in her wonderland. There were things I expected such as the famous mad hatters tea party and the queen of hearts “Off with her head” but there were many things I found which I was unfamiliar with. I found that a lot of the characters I thought I knew are actually portrayed quite differently from how I thought they would be but that was all the more reason to read the story. I also expected there to be other characters in the story that weren’t so I’m left to assume that they are in the second version of Lewis Carrols story called Through the looking glass which at some point in the future I hope to read. It’s a lovely children’s classic that’s been enjoyed since way way way before I was born and at some point I think everyone should read it, for the terminology isn’t as hard as I thought it would be and it really is great to know the original story compared to other versions out there.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars
Now how dose one "shut up like a telescope."



No comments:

Post a Comment