Saturday 17 March 2012

The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight

The Author: Jennifer E.Smith
Published: January 5th 2012
Pages: 215

Synopsis: Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything? Imagine if she hadn't fogotten the book. Or if there hadn't been traffic on the expressway. Or if she hadn't fumbled the coins for the toll. What if she'd run just that little bit faster and caught the flight she was supposed to be on. Would it have been something else - the weather over the atlantic or a fault with the plane? Hadley isn't sure if she believes in destiny or fate but, on what is potentially the worst day of each of their lives, it's the quirks of timing and chance events that mean Hadley meets Oliver...Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

What i thought of the cover: Yet another cover where I adore the photography, especially how it makes it seem as if time has stopped for Hadley and Oliver while everyone else is rushing about getting on with their life. I also adore the title as if it’s been drawn by Hadley herself who is the character we follow the view of in the story.

I give it a 5 out of 5 stars

What i thought of the story: I love how the story is told from Hadley’s point of view for it defiantly leaves a sense of mystery when trying to find out who this boy Oliver is she meets at the airport. Both of them have to deal with something that’s quite emotional to the both of them and I liked seeing how they were able to cope with what’s going on in their lives and how the two of them support each other when possible and try to piece things together even in the grimmest of moments. I don’t know about anybody else but I love it when people try to compare the American language to the British language, at times it can just be so stereotypical and others so true that I can’t help but smile in both cases. I’ll admit I smiled when I read the author went to a university in Fife half thinking yeah, it’s freezing in St Andrews most the time but a good place to get an ice cream and take a walk along the beach.
Overall I give it a 4.5 stars out of 5

St Andrews = Ice Cream + Fav Second Hand Book Shop + Beach + Massive Graveyard + Castle = Good times <3

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. As a lover of books you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete