Saturday 10 March 2012

The Lying Game

The Author: Sara Shepard
Published: March 31st 2011
Pages: 307

Synopsis: Sutton Mercer had a life anyone would kill for -- and someone did. But thanks to a view from the afterlife and Emma Paxton, her long-lost twin sister, Sutton has a chance to solve her own murder. Emma slips into Sutton's old life to piece together her disappearance. But can Emma keep up the charade long enough to discover what really happened to Sutton!or will she become the next victim? Let the lying games begin.

What i thought of the cover: First of all I like how the cover it’s just a nice simple design and I love both the twins being upside down opposites from each other. However I’m not too fond of parts where the writing and the swirls overlap the photographs on both sides.

Over all give the cover a 3 out of 5 stars

What i thought of the story: It turns out even though I already own this book I hadn’t yet read it. However when I watched the first episode that aired here in the UK I couldn’t wait to read the book to find out more. Though I found it completely different from the drama why wasn’t surprised I loved the story just as much if not better. Just when you think you have an idea as to who the killer could be another complication happens leaving you still guessing kind of like cluedo. Another thing I loved about this book was how Emma was thrust into her sisters life and how she has to cope and a lot of the time improvise when handling different situations both normal and deeper than Emma could have imagined. I can’t wait to read the second book and see how the plot develops from where it left off and if it’s as addictive and crazy as the first one it should be great.

I give it a 4 out of 5 stars

Where’s Nancy Drew when you need her

No comments:

Post a Comment