Tuesday 10 July 2012

Just Listen


The Author: Sarah Dessen 
Published: July 5th 2007
Pages: 371
 
Synopsis: I'm Annabel. I'm the girl who has it all. Model looks, intelligence, a great social life. I'm one of the lucky ones. Aren't I? My 'best friend' Sophie is spreading rumours about me. My family is slowly falling apart. It's turning into a long, lonely summer, full of secrets and silence. But I've met this guy who won't let me hide away. He's one of those intense types, obsessed with music and totally unafraid of confrontation. He's determined to make me listen. Will I ever find the courage to tell him what really happened the night Sophie and I stopped being friends?
 
What i thought of the cover: Pinks, Oranges, purples and whites can a cover get any more girly. The answer being yes with the different style of graphics ranging from flowers to hand bags to underwear and every little image is somehow in it’s own way related to the story.
I give the cover a 4 out of 5

What i thought of the story: For the longest of times I’ve always heard about Sarah Dessens books and how good they are so when I saw one in my favourite book charity shop in St Andrews I though might as well give it a try to see what I think. So just plunging in to Just Listen I had no idea what to expect other than it’s a about a teenager having a fall out with a best friend, having family trouble to cope with and a guy though I can honestly say I never expected to what extent either of these three topics had involved. What I really liked about the story most of all was that there was more than just one message through the story, Don’t be afraid to speak up, be proud of who you are and also it’s not always about you, so really one message being put out to the reader through each sister. Another thing I really liked was that the whole point of the story was to show readers that you don’t know what someone else’s life is like even though it may seem perfect to you. I can’t wait to check out more of Sarah Dessens books which hopefully are just as good if not better.

Over all I give this story a 4.5 out of 5 stars

Now I will listen to music like I’m enlightened


No comments:

Post a Comment