Thursday 14 June 2012

Wither

 
The Author: Lauren DeStefano
Published: March 22end 2011
Pages:358

Synopsis: Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery has only four years left to live when she is kidnapped by the Gatherers and forced into a polygamous marriage. Now she has one purpose: to escape, find her twin brother, and go home – before her time runs out forever.

What i thought of the cover: What a gorgeous cover this is :] I Love how the colours are coordinated and i love the metallic pink colour of the text. I just adore how there’s the circle around the trapped bird in a cage and another around Rhines hand where the wedding ring is to show that's she trapped. I also like the models hair and makeup though i don't like the skirt of the dress unlike the rest of it. Apart from that one thing i absolutely just love the cover so...

I give this cover 4.5 out of 5 stars

What i thought of the story: For a while now I’ve been wanting to read this book having heard quite a lot of good reviews to this already very popular story. I’m glad to say I’m also one of the people who would sing this book’s praises as I just could not put it don’t for the need to know what was going to happen next and how. To be in Rhines situation is one I just couldn’t and wouldn’t want to imagine myself in just the thought of being kidnapped gives me the creeps. I also love the villain Vaughn for he just plays his part almost too well with that terrifying sense of you don’t know what and where he could strike at any given moment. There’s also the fact that Rhine pities her husband who’s supposed to be the bad guy too and the forbidden love interest with Gabriel the servant which I got excited every time there was a moment between these two Instant fan girl of course. The other two wives were interesting characters in their own right as well and they give that book a wider prospective of what it’s like to live in a world that has become like this. I defiantly can’t wait to get my hands on the next book and so…

I give this story 5 out of 5 stars

I just can’t stop thinking of bubble baths now sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment